Peckham has served with Wycliffe Bible Translators since 1974 and has
served as a translator and consultant in Indonesia, Philippines and
Singapore. Peckham has taught applied linguistics part time at Biola
since 2005 and will be joining the Cook School of Intercultural Studies
faculty on a full time basis under a special contract with Wycliffe
Bible Translators. Peckham and his wife, Nancy have three sons who were
all born on the island of New Guinea. Lloyd has leadership
responsibilities at Calvary Church of Santa Ana and Calvary Life in a
chaplain-like role amongst bicyclists.
- Peckham, Lloyd. 1979. "Basic Values Model" [With Marv Mayers]
- Peckham, Lloyd. 1981. "History of Mairasi Orthography Development"
- Peckham, Lloyd. 1982. "All kinds of people: a Mairasi view of the spirit world" Irian, 10(2):35-91. [reprinted in Merrifield et al, Gods, heroes and kinsmen, 112-44. IMCP 17 (1983)]
- Peckham, Lloyd. 1982. "Mairasi verb morphology" In Marit Kana (ed.), WIL, 1:75-96.
- Peckham, Lloyd. 1982. "Cargo cult potential in Mairasi culture"
- Peckham, Lloyd. 1982. "Predictions of culture change in Mairasi culture"
- 1984: "Plans for UNCEN-SIL research in the Bird's Head Region of Irian Jaya" at National Science Foundation of Indonesia Seminar.
- 1985: “Written and traditional history of Lobo” at National Science Foundation of Indonesia seminar.
- 1988: “Mairasi Mobility” at National Science Foundation of Indonesia Seminar.
- 2009: Mentored several leaders of Biola Short Term Missions Teams.
- 2013: Briefed and Debriefed Biola Cook School of Intercultural Studies Interns.